Demo to preview the settings
Use a variety of API calls to view your email Lists, update/view Contacts, and more all with our plugin.
- You must create the SendGrid API key.
How to set up
Retrieve All Contacts - Data Call
Retrieve Single Contact - Data Call
Retrieve List - Data Call
Create List - Action
Update List - Action
Add Contact to List - Action
Delete Contact - Action
Remove Contact From List - Action
Create a Contact - Action
This API call requires a List ID. You can find instructions on where to find this value under our How to set up section.
That's it! Run this API call and check your Sendgrid account for the newly created contact.
Available Parameters (* indicates a required value)
list-id* - Enter the ID of the List you want to add this new Contact to.
email* - Enter the email address of your new Contact.
first-name* - Enter the first name of your new Contact.
last-name* - Enter the last name of your new Contact.
Retrieve All Lists - Data Call
SendGrid documentation: https://docs.sendgrid.com/api-reference/lists/get-all-lists
Set up your data source
In this example, we'll use a repeating group to display our data. Since we're using buttons to trigger our API calls, we'll leave the data source blank and use a Display list in RG action to send the results to the repeating group.
Note: You can achieve the same results by assigning the data source directly to this repeating group, rather than the display list in repeating group action.
- Type of content = Retrieve All Lists (Sendgrid Campaigns)
- Data source = leave blank
Set up the API call
Now that your repeating group is set up properly, let's configure the workflow action to retrieve all Lists from Sendgrid and display the results. In this demo, we're using the blue "Retrieve" button to do this.
That's it! Let's test this API call.
Update 26.06.23 - Version 4.4.0
- Updated description
Update 26.06.23 - Version 4.3.0
- Updated the description
Update 09.06.22 - Version 4.2.0
- Updated Documentation
Update 19.05.22 - Version 4.1.0
- Bug fix for the Create a Contact API call.
Update 18.05.22 - Version 4.0.0
- A List ID field was added to the Update List API call. Please review any existing actions to ensure they have a List ID.
Update 13.02.21 - Version 3.2.0
- Cleared out default values so that placeholders don't end up saving to contacts with empty fields
Update 14.01.21 - Version 3.1.1
- Bug fix for "remove contact" call
Update 13.07.20 - Version 3.1.0
- Added a new call to "Delete Contact from List"
Update 28.11.19 - Version 3.0.0
- Updated all calls to support Sendgrid's new version of Marketing Contacts/Lists. If you're using the new version, please upgrade to this version. If you're on the legacy version, you should stay on version 1.1.0 until you transition.
Update 28.11.19 - Version 2.0.0
- Updated the Retrieve All Lists call to support Sendgrid's new version of Marketing Contacts/Lists
Update 28.11.19 - Version 1.2.1
- Bug Fix in "Retrieve All Lists" call
Update 02.10.19 - Version 1.2.0
- New call added: Retrieve All Lists
Update 19.07.18 - Version 1.1.0
- Very minor update to hide a required header users don't need to edit.
Update 19.07.18 - Version 1.0.0
- Initial release