Link to plugin page: https://zeroqode.com/plugin/background-videos-1603889751555x646533862967915600
Background Video Plugin - Provides smooth videos for promotion on the landing page, go no further as with this plugin users can set videos as their backgrounds, with the possibility to stylize the frame, playback speed, change opacity, and more.
How to setup
1. Create a database table with a single field of type file.
2. Upload your background video in 3 file formats - **.mp4, .webm **and .ogv, to be compatible with all browsers.
3. Place the BackgroundVideos element on page
4. On your page set the data source URL for the plugin element from the table which you created above.
Note: Do not forget to deploy the database values to live.
Plugin Element Proprieties
The plugin contains BackgroundVideos visual element which should be used on page.
- Data source : Source of your video files PLAYBACKRATE - propriety sets the rate at which the media is being played back. The range starts from 0.25 to 5.0. The normal speed is 1.
- MUTED - mutes the background video.
- BACKGROUND COLOR - allows a custom background color for a Video div element.
- VOLUME - the range starts from 0.0 to 1.0.
- ADD A PAUSE - add a pause if needed to play the item in RepeatingGroup or Popup.
- OPACITY - the opacity property can take a value from 0.0 to 1.0. The lower the value, the more transparent.
- Poster - the poster is required if the video does not set to autoplay.
- Autoplay - the video will play as soon as the page loads.
- Enable viewport height - This option enables the height of the element to be full screen of viewport size.
The Autoplay feature does not work in the Safari browser. When the Mute feature is not enabled Autoplay does not work. The cause is - the policy of the browsers.(https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes)
Video Play/Stop A Background Videos - action which sets the playback of the video by playing or stopping a video.
- Create your database as showed in the How to setup the plugin
- Add an event on Button click to play/ stop the video using plugin action (if needed) otherwise use the plugin's element proprieties to customize the look
- Fixed background video issue on iOS with Safari browser
Update: 18/06/21 - Version 1.4.0
- Fixed the problem with Safari
Update: 15/11/21 - Version 1.9.0
- Minor changes
Update: 07/03/22 - Version 1.10.0
- added new action "Change video background"
Update: 29/03/22 - Version 1.11.0
- Minor changes
Update: 09/04/22 - Version 1.12.0
- Fixed problem in passing parameters from plugin element to its action
Update: 09/04/22 - Version 1.13.0
- Extended options for "Change Video" action