Demo to preview the settings
Reorder repeating group list with drag and drop feature. Supports touch devices. All changes are saved in browser localstorage.
- Supports touch devices and modern browsers
- Smooth CSS animations when moving items
- Control animation speed
- Supports drag handles
- Smart auto-scrolling
- Tap and hold to drag (for touch devices)
- You can swap or reorder items
- Changes are saved to localstorage so on page reload list will auto order to latest saved changes
- Remove items from database when drag outside the box (if enabled in plugin settings)
- Copy reordered list to new Database in the new order
- Save reordered field list in DataBase when using a field list for repeating group
- Save the RG order and reflect it to other pages/users (see demo or in the forum thread)
Follow the thread on forum for the latest changes and discussions: https://forum.bubble.io/t/new-plugin-sortable-rg-drag-drop-by-ezcode/85730
Additional plugin features
- Highlight drop area, you can choose the highlight color.
- Remove items from database when drag outside the box. To use this feature, enable de checkbox in the plugin settings and set the Database name that is using for the repeating group (See example in our demo)
- Custom drag handler. By default you can drag from anywhere but you can use an icon for that, give an ID to it and set this ID respective field in the plugin settings ("Move handler ID"), leave this field empty if it is not needed.
- Save the RG order - the plugin have a state "RG new order" you can save the text from this state in your database and set it in the plugin's settings field "Initial order" on other page where the new order should be reflected. See an example on the demo page.
Plugin Elements Properties
This plugin has one visual element which can be used on the page: Reorder RG.
Reorder a Repeating Group using drag and drop.
Repeating group ID
The element id is assigned to a repeating group.
Disables the drag-and-drop feature.
Cursor type on drag
Allows to select the cursor type on drag.
The time for elements rearranging animation in milliseconds.
Drag handler ID
Allows to drag the RG elements using a helping element. The helping element should have a certain ID.
Drag handler Class
Allows to drag the RG elements using a helping element. The helping element should have a certain class.
Remove from DB mode
Allows to remove an element from the database when the element is dragging out of its side borders. For this feature need to expose data from the database via API.
Data base to remove from
Indicates the data type of RG data source. For this feature need to expose data from the database via API.
App Type (optional)
Drop area color
The color of the dropping area when an element is reordering.
Chosen item color
The color of the dragging area when an element is reordering.
Consider drag after
The distance in pixels that is considered that the element should be reordered. This setting is used for desktops only. For mobile use the “Long press to drag” field.
Use it when you want to reorder this RG as it was reordered from another user or from another page. First, save the new order from the state "RG new order" when ordering it. Then put the new saved order in this field. The RG should be of the same type with the same amount of items loaded. See a detailed example on the forum or on the demo page.
Enables swapping from dragged element and element from dropping area.
Long press to drag
The time in milliseconds for tap before drag should start. This setting is used for mobile only. For desktop use the “Consider drag after” field.
Used for state "Sorted things Items”.
App Type (optional)
List Of Items
Items used in your Repeating Group. Needed only if you are working with the "Sorted things Items" state.
list of Items Type (optional)
Fixes the issue with random reordering on some apps (set to false for newly created apps).
- Reset - Reorders items as they were initially.
- Toggle disabled status - Enables or disables drag and drop feature.
- Copy sorted to new DB - Copy from one DB to another in new order.
Current Data base
Copy FROM this Database.
This database should be already created before doing this step. If DataBase is not empty, new items will be added to the existing ones.
- Save sorted DB field list - Save the reordered list in the database field which is the list.
Note: This action requires access to API calls that are available only for paid plans in Bubble apps.
The datatype from the database.
The unique ID of the wanted thing from the selected “Data base”.
Case sensitive. Should be exactly the same as in database settings.
- Set new order - is used combined with "RG new order" to set new order when the order changes or whenever it's needed. This action is optional, you can use the "Initial order" field so the new order will reflect when the page loads, however, if the order changes you should refresh the page to see changes or use the "Set new order" action to update without refresh.
New order from the state "RG new order".
This event is triggered when a user starts to drag an element.
This event is triggered when a user ends to drag an element.
This event is triggered when the selected element will be deleted from the database. Will be triggered on the “Remove from DB mode” element field using.
This event is triggered when all data was successfully copied to the new database. Will be triggered on “Copy sorted to new DB” element action using.
New order saved
This event is triggered when the new order was successfully saved to the database. Will be triggered on the “Save sorted DB field list” element action using.
State ready: Reordered Things IDs
This event is triggered when State, Reordered things IDs was updated and ready to use.
Rerodered Things List is Ready
This event is triggered when the list of things was reordered and the state with the result Sorted things Items will be ready.
Sortable is enabled
Indicates if the sorting feature is enabled.
yes / no
Copying in progress
This state is to use with action Copy sorted to new DB. Indicates if the copying is still in progress.
yes / no
Copying process percentage
This state is to use with action Copy sorted to new DB. Indicates the status of the copying process in percentage.
Saving to DB is in progress
This state is to use in correlation with the action Save sorted DB field list. Indicates if saving data is in progress.
yes / no
RG new order
This state is to use in correlation with the Initial Order feature. This order text is in a format that is used in plugin logic, it does not contain elements IDs or indexes. It is used to be saved somewhere in your database and used later in a repeating group to set reorder things as they were saved. For example, the admin sets an order on his admin dashboard, saves the order, and on the user's page, this order is reflected in the user's repeating group.
Reordered things IDs
Contains a list of IDs in a new order after reordering things. Updates when an item is dropped. Sometimes it is not available instantly, so you can use this in correlation with the event State ready: Reordered Things IDs, this event is triggered when the state was updated and is ready to use.
list of texts
Cells Indexes in New order
Contains a list of sorted cells’ indexes.
list of numbers
Sorted things Items
Contains a list of sorted Items.
list of Items Type from element