WhatsApp Messaging Bot template is a no-code product with the use of the Twilio WhatsApp plugin. The solution developed in the template targets the businesses and users who want to optimize their communication through the WhatsApp. By using this template, the users will have access to a variety of features as a customizable chatbot, templates of answers, the dashboard for managing users, etc. developed to reduce the time for processing the requests and overall communication.
- Integrated customizable chat bot
- Fully responsive pages and user dashboard
- Management of the users from one place
- Messaging between WhatsApp and Bubble app
- Customizable chat templates
- Dashboard with statistics of user’s activity
Note: This template requires to create an account to interact with API : https://www.twilio.com/console The template comes with a paid plugin - Twilio API for Whatsapp - you would need to subscribe to it (or buy it) if you want to continue using it.
Channels are all contacts from the WhatsApp with whom was interacted through the chat. The channels have a number corresponding with the WhatsApp contact and can be archived, blocked, deleted and auto piloted by the Twilio WhatsApp bot.
Contact Form are the data of messages which come from the contact form from the index page. The data saved here are email, message, name of the user how sent a message through the contact us form. Also, this data type is used for identification of the status of the message (seen or not) by the admin.
The data type used to save information regarding the messages from the chat. The data include:
- body with the text of the message;
- status with the states: sent, received, read, failed
- channels with the reference to the related channel
- from with the type of user who sent the message (currently only admin available)
- to with the WhatsApp contact to whom the message was sent
- ID with the unique code of the message
- Created Date with the date and time when the message was created
Template messages data type is used to save the text and subject of the templates messages for the chat.
This is the main landing page of the template and contains basic information for new customers to learn more about the application. Besides presenting the information on the index page is available a box for getting in touch where the users can send the messages to the admin.
This is the page where the main functionalities of the template can be used. On the page the users can access:
- The pop-up with the description of the steps needed to begin testing.
- The channels management tool where the user can manage the contacts from the chat.
- The chat where the user can see all chats, read the conversation, answer and use the templates for answering. On this page also is possible to turn off and on the chat bot for the specific channel.
- The statistics of the application with the number of channels, nr. of WhatsApp messages, nr of messages from “getting in touch” and the number of available templates of messages. Also, here is available the chart with number of WhatsApp messages over time.
- The list of messages from “getting in touch” where the user can read, answer and delete the messages.
- The list of templates where is possible to read, edit and delete the messages.
On the dashboard page is also available the button for adding template messages.
Things to Note
:::hint Note: The template comes with a paid plugin - Twilio API for Whatsapp - you would need to subscribe to it (or buy it) if you want to continue using it. :::
1. To find the detailed description of the steps needed for setting up the chat bot please check the Twillio API for Whatsapp Plugin’s Documentation. https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twillio-api-for-whatsapp
2. For security purposes the template has limited rights for potential customers. To unlock all functionalities of the template please follow the two steps described further.
I. Open “Index” page in editor and find the workflow Button “GET STARTED” is clicked. In the setting of the action “Go to page dashboard” remove the check mark from ”Send more parameters to the page”
II. Go to Page “Dashboard” and delete this Workflow:
III. To clean the Application of the left elements:
1. Go to Page “Dashboard” in editor and look for the Popup “Popup message for user test” and delete it.
2. Open the Workflows tab, find the workflows which have the condition "Get User_Test form page URL is yes" and delete it.
3. Then find the workflows with the condition “Get User_Test form page URL is not yes” and delete just the condition.
Autopilot setup (Bot setup)
- Go to Twilio Console (https://www.twilio.com/console)
- In the left menu, find All Products and Services
- Select Autopilot from Products and Services option
4. Select either Start from Scratch or Build from Scratch, and in the new pop-up which appears give it a Name and Description , click Create Bot.
5. After you've created the bot, you'll get into the menu where you will start training the bot according to one's requirements
6. By clicking Add a task you'll be able to create new task for users. (More about tasks read here: https://www.twilio.com/docs/autopilot/guides/how-to-build-a-chatbot#tasks)
7. Once you add new task, you'll 3 actions "Program" , "Train", and the last one is "Delete"
8. Clicking on the "Program" button , will open an editor with a json object which will require a modification of a value for the field Say for the current task. After modifications are done click "Save" to save the changes.
9. Next part is to switch to training task. Click on "Switch to train task"
10. Here you can add in the variants of the answers that the users will give and press the button "Add Sample" now in the bottom right click the button "Simulate", a window will open that will simulate a chat, there you enter the text that you gave the variance that your users might have and the bot will to respond with the text you trained
11. Once you're done with the setup of your bot , click "Build model" to approve the changes.
You're all set!
Dashboard comes with security measure which prevents the deleting or editing features to not work in the template.
In order to remove these restrictions, you'll need to make changes in the workflow:
1. Find the workflow below which gets the data from parameter in order to identify the user and place a restriction pop-up on the Delete button.
Once you've found the event workflow, simply remove it to not show the restriction pop-up window
2. The screen bellow shows the action on button, with 2 types of actions depending on conditions. As mentioned previously in step 1, delete the second button event workflow, and in the first event workflow remove the condition in place.
You're all set!
Demo to preview the template
Live Demo: https://whatsapp-bot.bubbleapps.io