This guide is the beginning of the documentation with the built-in Notes for the database. Will help you gain a better understanding of how the template and Bubble works.
Starting with the Template
Once you have bought or added a block to your account, you will see a dropdown in the New Application popup that lets you pick a template as the basis for the new application.
Note: This can only be done when you create a new app.
After you've selected a block you bought, complete the other fields with necessary data (i.e: Name of the new app, What kind of application you are building, etc) and press Create a new app.
Tip: A template isn't a theme for your app, but a pre-built set of elements and workflows. You can modify the template as you would modify another app.
Wait for Bubble to load the application with all the data.
After the application has loaded, you'll see the Bubble assistant on the left side for New Application. You can close it or follow the assistant steps to adjust different settings.
Now you're ready to go and dive into Bubble no-code development toolset.
Congrats: You have successfully created a Bubble app based on your template. Now, you can proceed with the setups.
Card payments in this template are powered by Stripe using the default card checkout providing a secure environment for users. To set up your Stripe account, go to https://stripe.com, and create an account.
Note: You will be allowed to access your dashboard once you have successfully verified your email address and activated your account.
This template is using Bubble's Stripe plugin for payments.
1. The first step is to configure the Stripe dashboard, and the Stripe plugin within your editor. Please follow the Stripe payments instruction below to configure.
Payments: See the documentation for setting Stripe Payments in Bubble App.
2. The second step is to configure the API Connector plugin within your editor.
Go to Plugins -> API Connector ->Stripe CUSTOM and hit to expand it, here:
The API will expand, where you will be able to configure it with your own API 🔑 keys, here:
Note: Add Bearer keyword in front of the keys values. And remember to change to Live keys when you decide to go live with your app.
Stripe CUSTOM API has 4 action calls:
- Retrieve customer - used to get the details of a Stripe customer.
- Retrieve all invoices (list) - used to get the list of all invoices.
- Retrieve subscription - used to get the details about the subscription.
- Cancel subscription - used to cancel the subscription.
Tip: Genuine card information cannot be used in test mode. Instead, use test Stripe cards credentials.
- Go to Stripe Dashboard → Products tab (if you can't see it open the Billing tab). There, click on "New" to create a new product.
- In the product creation window, you just have to pick a name for your product. Then you will have to set a plan for your newly created product. You can later add additional plans for the same product (e.g. monthly and yearly plans for VIP subscription)
Setting up the subscription workflows inside the template
After you have created your Products and Plans and have set up the Stripe plugin you will have to make few adjustments to the workflows inside the template to work with the new plans.
There are only 2 pages where you will have to do this: business-dashboard and index pages.
- On the index page change the workfows for buttons Subscribe monthly and Subscribe yearly by picking a plan that you have previously created (Subscribe user to a plan workflow).
- On the business-dashboard page change the workfows for buttons Subscribe monthly and Subscribe yearly which you will find inside the Buy Subscription popup by picking a plan that you have previously created (Subscribe user to a plan workflow).
Remove Demo Login
This template comes with demo accounts and demo buttons for testing purposes, which do not require a full sign-up process in order to test the platform features. Feel free to delete these login options in your app.
Tip: Please note that deleting the demo buttons will delete the button workflows as well. Removing these demo options doesn't affect any other aspect of the template.
In order to delete demo items, follow the instructions:
- go to the
loginpage, and delete the following elements
This template comes with a promotional banner above the Header element. Feel free to remove it from your app.
Banner: See the instructions on how to remove the Zeroqode Banner in your template.